While John continued priming walls in the rooms I took a 2-week blogging break. He finished priming the walls in the original master bedroom which is on the 3rd level of the house. There are 3 bedrooms and a hall bathroom on this level. As most of you know, the original part of the house has been rebuilt.
Below is a photo that I took in the summer of 2014; it’s the hallway which leads to the three bedrooms and bath. It was taken before we bought the house, but we had already begun a major clean-up outside.
At the time I never thought that I would start a blog about buying a house from a hoarder and rebuilding it. Otherwise I would have taken more interior photos. Regardless, it would have been difficult taking more photos due to the fact that each room was packed so tightly from floor to ceiling that it was impossible to get perspective.
I started taking most of the photos after John broke through walls of heavy boxes and books, among other things.
The door on the right is to the original master bedroom.
Here is the master bedroom during the spackling phase.
John started priming the bedroom/bathroom west wall first. Over a year ago, he framed this wall out in order to fit a 36-inch shower. It previously had a 34-inch shower which was a tad too small so he took 2 inches from the room to allow for the larger shower. He also framed all the other walls to create the deep window sills and bays for the insulation; he did this throughout the house.
There’s nothing like new drywall and a fresh coat of primer to brighten things up and make a room look more spacious.
I have ideas about how I’ll be decorating this room which will be a guest bedroom.
The window that faces west…
The entrance to the bedroom–the door in the first photo is long gone!